Opportunity Zones were created by the 2017 Tax Cuts & Jobs Act and provide significant tax benefits to investors.
Immediate deferral of capital gains taxes until December 31, 2026.
Reduction of capital gains taxes payable for the 2026 tax year.
Permanent exclusion of taxes on all new capital gains created by the investment.
Marwood launched and funded three Qualified Opportunity Funds (“QOF”) in 2019
Marwood’s 2020 QOF is formed and ready to receive 2019 and 2020 capital gains for immediate tax deferral
Each Marwood QOF is a single asset structure, which eliminates commingling of investment dollars and reduces complexity
Marwood QOFs are uniquely structured to allow near-term liquidity and long-term growth
NEW INVESTOR INQUIRIES ARE WELCOME BY CLICKING HERE
OPPORTUNITY ZONE ADVISORY BOARD
- Partner at Darwin Ventures, a top-tier venture capital fund of funds, since 2012
- Investor/founder/board member EVP of Qualpay, a cloud-based epayment services company
- Previously, founder/EVP for Merchant E-Solutions (acquired by Visa Brazil/Cielo in 2012 for $720 million)
- Early employee at Netscape, where he crafted ecommerce and payment initiatives for various online banking platforms
- Advisor to early stage companies, including Pangea, Moveo, Zumigo, Goabra and Identity Mind
- M.B.A., Notre Dame in California; B.S., Finance, San Diego State University
- Partner & CFO (Retired), Rockwood Capital, a $5+ Billion real estate investment management firm with 70 employees in San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles
- Previously the Controller at Oakland Raiders and Catellus Development
- Board Member, San Francisco-Marin Food Bank
- Member of Golden Seeds, an Angel investor group that seeks to bring funding to female entrepreneurs
- B.A., Accounting, University of Iowa
- Citadel Securities, a global asset management firm, Portfolio Manager. Previously, co-founder of Seawolf Capital an equity hedge fund in New York City.
- Formerly Partner with FrontPoint Financial Services Fund.
- Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation Board Member; The Investment Committee of Salisbury School (CT); National Rowing Foundation Board of Directors; the Board of Stewards of Power Ten New York, Inc. Steward of the Brown Rowing Association.
- Mr. Collins was a member of the U.S. Olympic team in 1996 and 2000.
- A.B., Brown University